What is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial, also known as Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, is an innovative and non-invasive cosmetic treatment that harnesses the power of your body's healing abilities to rejuvenate your skin. It has gained popularity due to its natural approach and impressive results in improving the overall appearance and health of the skin.
How does the Vampire Facial work?
The procedure begins with a simple blood draw, similar to a routine lab test. The drawn blood is then placed in a centrifuge that separates the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the other blood components. PRP contains a high concentration of growth factors and bioactive proteins crucial in tissue regeneration and healing.
Once the PRP is extracted, it is applied to the treatment area using micro-needling or injections, depending on the specific needs and goals of the patient. Micro-needling involves creating tiny punctures in the skin's surface with a special pen-like device, allowing the PRP to penetrate deep below the skin's surface and stimulate collagen production. This process helps to improve skin texture, promote cellular turnover, and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
The growth factors and proteins present in the PRP work to stimulate the body's natural healing response and collagen production. Collagen is a vital protein that gives the skin structure, firmness, and elasticity. Unfortunately, as we age, collagen production decreases, leading to the development of wrinkles, sagging skin, and a dull complexion. The Vampire Facial addresses this by encouraging the production of new collagen, resulting in smoother, tighter, and more youthful-looking skin.
Vampire facials can effectively treat a variety of skin conditions, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture and tone
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Dull and lacklustre skin
- Enlarged pores
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Skin sagging
- Uneven skin pigmentation
- Rough or dry skin texture
- Uneven complexion
- Age spots
- Hollow under-eye area
- Arrive at the office with face washed and without makeup
- A numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area to ensure minimal discomfort
- Most treatments are performed in 60-90 minutes
- Blood extraction: A small amount of your own blood will be drawn from your arm, similar to a routine blood test.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) preparation: The extracted blood will be processed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma, which contains growth factors and healing properties.
- Microneedling: A microneedling device with tiny sterile needles will be used to create controlled micro-injuries on the skin's surface. This process stimulates collagen production and prepares the skin to absorb PRP.
- PRP application: The prepared PRP will be applied to the skin or injected into specific areas, depending on the treatment plan and targeted concerns.
- Mild redness and swelling: It is normal to experience some redness, swelling, and sensitivity in the treated areas immediately after the procedure. These effects usually subside within a few days.
- Potential bruising: There is a slight risk of bruising at the injection sites, but this is typically minimal and resolves on its own.
- Skin rejuvenation: Over time, you should notice improvements in your skin's texture, tone, and overall appearance as collagen production is stimulated and the healing properties of PRP take effect.
- Post-treatment care: We will provide instructions on how to care for your skin after the procedure. This will include avoiding excessive sun exposure, wearing sunscreen, and using gentle skincare products.
Vampire Facial Amazing Results
What is a Vampire Facial?
Book your free consultation today. Book online, call, or text us.