What is Hair Restoration with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Hair restoration is a non-surgical procedure aiming to stimulate growth and combat loss. It involves harnessing the regenerative potential of PRP, a concentrated solution of platelets derived from your own blood. PRP contains growth factors that promote hair follicle health, stimulate dormant hair follicles, and encourage new hair growth. By injecting PRP into the scalp, we can rejuvenate and strengthen existing hair follicles, leading to thicker, fuller hair over time.
How does Hair Restoration with PRP work?
Hair restoration with PRP is a multi-step process that starts with a simple blood draw. The drawn blood is then processed to separate the platelet-rich plasma from other components. The resulting PRP solution is rich in growth factors, cytokines, and proteins crucial for hair growth. Next, the PRP is carefully injected into the scalp, targeting areas of thinning hair or baldness. The growth factors in PRP stimulate the hair follicles, promoting natural hair growth and improving hair density. The procedure is minimally invasive, virtually painless, and requires no downtime, making it an excellent option for those seeking a non-surgical hair restoration solution.
What areas can be treated with Hair Restoration utilizing PRP?
Hair restoration utilizing PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) can be performed on various areas of the body to promote hair growth and improve density. Here are the common areas that can be treated:
Hairline: PRP injections can help restore a natural-looking hairline and address hair loss in the frontal area.
Crown: Treating the crown area helps improve hair density and thickness, addressing hair loss and thinning in that region.
Eyebrows: PRP can be used to enhance eyebrow growth, filling in sparse areas and creating a fuller, more defined shape.
Beard: PRP therapy can stimulate beard growth and help achieve a fuller, thicker beard in areas with patchiness or uneven growth.
Mustache: Similar to the beard, PRP can promote mustache hair growth, improving density and achieving a more balanced facial appearance.
Chest: PRP can be used to promote hair growth on the chest area, enhancing density and coverage
Who is an ideal candidate for Hair Restoration with PRP?
Ideal Candidates for Hair Restoration with PRP Therapy:
- Individuals in the early stages of hair loss or experiencing mild to moderate hair thinning.
- Men and women with androgenetic alopecia (genetic hair loss) or other types of non-scarring alopecia.
- Patients with areas of hair loss that still have active hair follicles.
- Those who prefer non-surgical and natural treatment options for hair restoration.
- Individuals in good overall health with no underlying medical conditions that may hinder the healing process.
- People with realistic expectations regarding the results of the treatment.
- Patients committed to following the recommended treatment plan, which involves multiple sessions spaced over several months.
- Those who have explored other hair restoration options but are seeking a minimally invasive and safe procedure.
- Arrive at the office with the hair clean and dry.
- Most treatments are performed in 60-90 minutes.
- Blood extraction: A small amount of your own blood will be drawn from your arm, similar to a routine blood test.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) preparation: The extracted blood will be processed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma, which contains growth factors and healing properties.
- PRP application: The prepared PRP will be injected into the targeted area.
- Mild redness and swelling: It is normal to experience some redness, swelling, and sensitivity in the treated areas immediately after the procedure. These effects usually subside within a few days.
- Potential bruising: There is a slight risk of bruising at the injection sites, but this is typically minimal and resolves on its own.
- Skin rejuvenation: Over time, you should notice improvements in your skin's texture, tone, and overall appearance as collagen production is stimulated and the healing properties of PRP take effect.
- Post-treatment care: We will provide instructions on how to care for your hair after the procedure.
- Results and Follow-up: Hair restoration with PRP is a gradual process, and noticeable results may take several weeks to months. Multiple treatment sessions are required for optimal results.
Hair Restoration With PRP Part 1
Hair Restoration with PRP Results Part 2
Hair Restoration witn PRP
Book your free consultation today. Book online, call, or text us.