What is Deoxycholic Acid?
Deoxycholic Acid is a naturally occurring compound found in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When used in a highly purified form as an injectable treatment, Deoxycholic Acid can target and destroy fat cells in specific areas, resulting in a more sculpted and defined appearance.
How Does Deoxycholic Acid Work?
Deoxycholic Acid disrupts the fat cell membrane, causing the cell to burst. Once the fat cells are destroyed, they are gradually eliminated by the body's natural metabolic processes. The treatment is precise and can be customized to target specific areas of concern, such as the chin, jowls, jawline, upper arms, abdomen, thighs, and more.
Deoxycholic Acid can be used to address excess fat in various areas of the body, including:
Submental area (double chin)
Jawline and jowls
Upper arms (bat wings)
Abdomen (muffin top)
Flanks (love handles)
Inner and outer thighs
Back (bra bulge)
Ideal Candidates for Deoxycholic Acid:
Deoxycholic Acid treatment may be suitable for individuals who:
- Have stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise
- Desire a non-surgical alternative to liposuction or other invasive procedures
- Wish to achieve a more sculpted and contoured appearance
- Have realistic expectations about the outcomes of the treatment
- Are in generally good health with no contraindications
- Preparation: The treatment area will be cleaned, and topical numbing cream or ice pack may be applied to minimize discomfort.
- Injection Process: We will inject Deoxycholic Acid into targeted areas with a fine needle. The number of injections will depend on your specific treatment plan.
- Sensations and Discomfort: You will experience mild to moderate discomfort during the treatment, including a slight burning or stinging sensation. The injections themselves can cause temporary discomfort, but it is generally well-tolerated.
The entire process usually takes about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Post-Treatment Care: We will provide you with specific post-treatment instructions. These may include applying ice packs and avoiding certain activities or medications that can increase the risk of bruising.
- Side Effects: Swelling, redness, bruising, and tenderness in the treated area are common after treatment. These effects are usually temporary and subside within a few days. Some individuals may experience numbness or hardness in the treated area, which resolves over time.
- Downtime and Recovery: Most individuals can resume their normal daily activities immediately after the treatment. However, avoiding strenuous exercise or activities for a few days is advisable.
- Results and Follow-Up: Visible results typically become noticeable within a few weeks after the first treatment session, and further improvement is seen with subsequent sessions. We will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and determine if additional treatments are needed.
Stubborn fat dissolving
Dissolving Stubborn Fat with Deoxycholic Acid
Book your free consultation today. Book online, call, or text us.