What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive procedure that involves creating controlled micro-injuries to the skin using a device with fine, sterile needles. These micro-injuries stimulate the skin's natural healing response, leading to collagen and elastin production, crucial for maintaining firm, youthful skin.
What areas of the body can be treated with Micro-needling?
Micro-needling can be performed on various areas of the body, including:
Face: Micro-needling is commonly used to address concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, enlarged pores, and uneven skin texture on the face.
Neck: It can be used to tighten sagging skin and reduce the appearance of horizontal necklines, often referred to as "necklace lines."
Décolletage: Micro-needling can improve the texture and appearance of the skin on the chest and reduce the visibility of sun damage and wrinkles.
Hands: This treatment can help to rejuvenate the skin on the hands, reducing the signs of aging and restoring a more youthful look.
Conditions Micro-Needling Can Treat:
What skin concerns can Micro-needling address?
Acne Scars: Micro-needling can improve the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen production and promoting smoother skin texture.
Fine Lines and Wrinkles: The treatment helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving the skin a more youthful and refreshed look.
Hyperpigmentation: Micro-needling can fade areas of hyperpigmentation, such as melasma or sunspots, by promoting the turnover of pigmented skin cells.
Enlarged Pores: The procedure can minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, resulting in smoother and more refined skin.
Uneven Skin Texture and Tone: Micro-needling encourages the regeneration of healthy skin cells, leading to improved texture and an even skin tone.
Who is the ideal Candidates for Micro-Needling:
Micro-needling is suitable for individuals seeking skin rejuvenation and improvement in specific concerns. Ideal candidates should have:
- Overall good health
- Realistic expectations about the results of the procedure.
- Mild to moderate skin imperfections, such as acne scars, wrinkles, or hyperpigmentation.
- A willingness to undergo a series of treatments for optimal results, as micro-needling is typically performed in multiple sessions.
- Cleansing: The treatment area will be cleansed thoroughly to remove any makeup, dirt, or oils.
- Numbing Cream: A topical numbing cream is applied to the treatment area to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- Micro-Needling Procedure: We use a micro-needling device with fine, sterile needles to create controlled micro-injuries on your skin. We will gently glide the device over the treatment area, adjusting the depth and intensity of the needles.
- Sensations: You may experience mild to moderate sensations during the procedure, such as a prickling or vibrating sensation.
- Treatment Time: The duration of the treatment session depends on the size of the treatment area but typically ranges from 30 minutes to one hour.
- Post-Treatment Sensations: After the procedure, your skin may appear slightly red and feel similar to a mild sunburn. You may also experience mild swelling and sensitivity in the treated area. These sensations are temporary and should subside within a few days.
- Post-Treatment Care: You will receive specific post-treatment care instructions. These include avoiding excessive sun exposure, applying a gentle moisturizer, using sunscreen, and refraining from harsh skincare products for a certain period.
- Downtime: There is typically minimal downtime associated with micro-needling. Most individuals can resume their regular activities within a day or two after the treatment.
- Skin Healing: Over the next few days, your skin will go through a healing process. You may notice slight peeling or flaking as the old skin is shed and replaced with new, rejuvenated skin. The full results of micro-needling, such as improved texture and diminished scarring, gradually become more noticeable over time as the skin regenerates.
- Follow-Up Treatments: Depending on your desired outcomes and individual needs, we may recommend a series of multiple micro-needling sessions, typically spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart, to achieve optimal results.
Micro-needling for acne scars
Book your free consultation today. Book online, call, or text us.