What is Tattoo Removal?
Tattoo removal is a specialized procedure that helps individuals eliminate unwanted tattoos from their skin. Whether you have a tattoo that no longer represents your style or you want to make space for a new design, our tattoo removal treatments can help you achieve your desired outcome.
How Does Tattoo Removal Work?
At Enhance, we utilize state-of-the-art laser technology to safely and efficiently remove tattoos. The laser emits a focused beam of light that penetrates the skin, targeting the tattoo ink while leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. The energy from the laser breaks down the ink particles into smaller fragments, which are then naturally eliminated by the body's immune system over time.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Tattoo Removal?
Tattoo removal is suitable for individuals who have unwanted tattoos and wish to have them removed or faded. While most people can undergo tattoo removal, the ideal candidate is someone in good overall health with realistic expectations about the process and results.
What Are the Most Common Areas for Tattoo Removal?
The most common areas for tattoo removal include:
Arms: Tattoos on the upper arm, forearm, or wrist are frequently treated for removal. These areas are often visible, making them a common choice for individuals seeking tattoo removal.
Shoulders: Many people opt for tattoo removal on their shoulders, especially if they have large or prominent tattoos in this area. Removing a shoulder tattoo can provide greater flexibility in clothing choices.
Back: Back tattoos, such as full-back pieces or smaller designs, are commonly targeted for removal. Some individuals may choose to remove a back tattoo to create a blank canvas for new artwork or due to changes in personal preferences.
Chest: Chest tattoos are often removed or faded for various reasons, such as changes in lifestyle, professional considerations, or aesthetic preferences. Tattoo removal on the chest can help individuals feel more comfortable and confident.
Legs: Tattoos on the thighs, calves, ankles, and feet are frequently treated with tattoo removal. Some individuals may wish to remove leg tattoos to have a clean slate or to allow for new tattoo designs in the future.
Neck: Neck tattoos can be a prominent feature and may be targeted for removal. Due to the visibility of neck tattoos, individuals may choose to have them removed for personal or professional reasons.
Hands and Fingers: Hand and finger tattoos are often treated with tattoo removal. These areas may present challenges for individuals in professional settings or those who wish to have a more subtle appearance.
Face: Facial tattoos, such as eyebrow or lip tattoos, are commonly removed or lightened using tattoo removal techniques. Changes in aesthetic preferences or the desire for a more natural appearance can motivate individuals to seek tattoo removal on the face.
Wrists: Wrist tattoos are a popular choice for removal, particularly if they are visible and no longer align with an individual's personal style or preferences.
Ankles: Tattoos on the ankles are frequently treated with tattoo removal. This area is often exposed in warmer weather, leading individuals to consider removal for a more seamless appearance.
- Protective measures: The treatment area will be cleaned, and protective eyewear will be provided to shield your eyes from the laser light.
- Laser treatment: We will use a handheld laser device to deliver pulses of laser energy to the tattooed area. You may feel a sensation similar to the snapping of a rubber band or mild heat during the procedure.
- Treatment duration: The duration of each session depends on the size, complexity, and colors of the tattoo. Treatment times can range from a few minutes to an hour or longer.
- Immediate post-treatment care: The treated area may be red, swollen, or have a whitish discoloration immediately after the procedure. We will apply a soothing ointment or dressing to protect the skin.
- Healing process: Over the following days, the treated area may form scabs or blisters. It is important not to pick at or scratch the treated area to promote proper healing and minimize the risk of scarring.
- Multiple sessions: Tattoo removal typically requires multiple sessions spaced several weeks apart to achieve optimal results.
- Post-treatment follow-up: You will have follow-up appointments to monitor your progress, assess the tattoo's response to treatment, and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
Book your free consultation today. Book online, call, or text us.